Hi Everyone,
About a few months back I wrote saying how nostalgic I was feeling and wanted to start planning our Class Reunion…I know it’s two years away, but good planning takes a long time, that’s why we had such a great time at our 25th Class Reunion, so now, if anyone doesn’t mind, I would like to start planning our 40th.
The wheels are already spinning in my head with some fantastic ideas, two of which I’m keeping a secret so everyone can enjoy them, they’re small ideas, but they ‘re great and won’t cost anyone anything, it’s simple, but fun. I know everyone can’t make it, and sorry, but I don’t know how Skype works, but I thought why can’t everyone join in, we’re in the year 2015, so I’m planning on meeting, tentatively for Friday, August 28th, let’s say 8:00 p.m. at the Grotto in Edwardsville, if that day is not working for everyone, we’ll pick another day. For those who live out of town, but still want to join in the planning, how about we do it via chat room on Facebook. I think I have just about everyone in our class as a Facebook friend, but I may have missed a few, that way it can all be planned together, sounds like a plan, huh?
Here are a few items I thought of that will make this a success other than seeing my classmates and any teachers attending and what I think needs to be discussed.
1. Have a Disc Jockey.
2. Send out Save The Date Cards…that way no excuses for not being there.
3. Pick a person to be our Treasurer…Arlene, you did such a great job at our 25th, please be our Treasurer, no pressure.
4. Pick a date, place and time for the Reunion.
5. Maybe or maybe not have a theme.
As you can see, these are all in random order…I do have a lot of great ideas, but maybe someone in our class has some even better ideas, so with enough people attending and being on-line, I think we should keep with the old stand-by, majority rules, in case of a tie, we’ll flip a coin, that way it’s simple and a lot less feelings get hurt.
I hope all that is reading this is feeling just as nostalgic and please, please, please attend at the Grotto if you’re local. Looking forward to hearing from everyone, especially the ideas and hoping everyone will help plan our 40th Class Reunion and make this a success. Really looking forward to hearing from all of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment