I was reminded on Facebook that today would have been Rick Leandri's 58th birthday. The last entry in this blog is his obituary. Most of you know that Rick passed away in October of 2016. He was our 9th classmate to pass. You can see the rest here.
We started this blog in May of 2002, over 15 years ago and long before Facebook and other social media sites became popular. It was a lot of fun to contribute to the conversation starting up to the 25th reunion, and quite a few of you did participate, but as of late, it's been used to share news, usually the sad news of a loved one's passing. And there have been a lot of our parents who passed away over the time since the blog began. I don't get them all posted, but if someone sends me an obituary link and I'll re-post it here for posterity's sake.
As of today, the 40th reunion is only 40 days away. I made my flight reservations today and I'd like to see if we could get the blog started up again since Facebook doesn't include all of our classmates. Facebook has some issues. I feel like it's an addictive substance that is trying desperately to steal my attention so I will be influenced to buy things that I really don't need. I got so frustrated with Facebook that I disabled my profile for the 4 months leading up to the 2016 election because it had gotten so noisy with all of the venting about politics. I re-enabled it after the election, primarily so I could monitor the BOR Class of 77 group only to find that the kvetching about politics in my newsfeed was even worse. I installed a plugin called FB purity to sort out postings based on certain keywords and now it gives me fewer of those stories. Political rants only occupy about half of my newsfeed now ;-).
I added a button to the main reunion page so you can pay for the reunion on-line with a PayPal account or Credit/Debit card if you find that more convenient than writing a check. I will forward the money on to Arlene.
If you'd like to contribute to the blog, let me know. If you have an account with Google, it's pretty easy to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment