I have talked about food on this blog a lot. One of those foods is pizza. Seriously. I have. You can type 'pizza' into the search box up in the upper left hand corner search box and you'll find many articles on the blog that mention it.
The pizza available in NEPA is like nowhere else on earth. I'm even talking about the pizza in Italy, which is very good, but not like what you find in NEPA.
Each place makes it differently. And the one place that has a corner on the market of 'different' is Victory Pig in Wyoming. There are a lot of copycat types of this pizza around the valley, and many of them are really good, but for those who need the original, no other pizza will do.
At the ice breaker, we will have pizza. We had our ice breaker for the 25th reunion at Victory Pig, but they didn't know how to handle a group as large as ours. We wanted to talk, mingle, and eat pizza and it was hard to do because the regulars just wanted to sit in the restaurant and eat their pizza in peace. It wasn't a venue that allowed much in the way of interaction.
I'm also partial to Savoy Pizza. I grew up with it. I have their phone number memorized even though I haved lived away from the valley since 1979. It's 287-9969. I must have dialed that number a lot.
I know they moved from Luzerne to Larksville, but the recipe is still the same. I always try to make sure I have some Savoy pizza whenever I visit.
Fortunately, our ice breaker for the 40th will be at a pavilion which will allow us more freedom. You can see an image of it below. It's the American Legion pavilion on Shoemaker Street in Swoyersville. We plan to pick up some local pizza and bring it to the pavilion.
We can talk, mingle, and order whatever kind of pizza we like. There will be a cash bar. We will also be able to get food from a bazaar that will be taking place just a half mile away.
I'm thinking about pierogies, potato pancakes, and any other food items you can find in NEPA.
Do any of you have any special requests?


1 comment:
I love NEPA pizza,
Post a Comment